Apply Approval action allows you to dynamically apply approval process to your records.
For example, if you have a
Budgeting app and all your budget records are approved by
Manager. But for any budget record that exceeds, say $10,000.00, you want the
CEO to approve the record in addition to the
So in this scenario, you will define your rule condition as
Budget Amount > 10000 and then add “Apply Approval” action.
Important Note : For “Apply Approval” action to work, your app must have the record level approval enabled.
Adding Approval Steps:
Follow the steps mentioned below :
- Add condition(s) for your rule
- Click “New Action” and select “Apply Approval”
- In the approval setting popup, click on the default approval step “Approve”, click “Modify” and change the
Description(optional) – DO NOT click “New Step” when you are adding the first step
- After you have filled the first approval step details, click “Apply”, and then “Save” the rule.
- You must save the rule, every time you add an approval step or you modify an existing approval step in your rule action.
- Add another approval step, if required.
The rule looks like this after final changes :
Below is an example, where the approval was applied via Record Based rule :